Ann Taylor Loft - Very dissapointed

2 of 121 Ann Taylor Loft reviews

Good morning,

I am directing this issue to you because I am very disappointed at the treatment received by one of the managers at the outlet store located in Simpsonville, KY. I went to that store on 11/6 in the afternoon, found an item that I knew is new, but it was on a rack showing a price of $29.99 and a sign on top the rack saying that it was 40% off taken at the register; when I went to check out I noticed that the cashier did not take the 40% on that item. When I asked her about it, she directed the question to the manager who was next to her, she responded, without looking at me and very arrogant, “the price is what it is, I’m sorry” and nothing else. I did not buy the blouse and told her, “besides been sorry you should of take that sign off that rack”, and very rudely she said, “That is what I will do”. Before she did it, I went to the rack and took pictures of it and call another manager, this manager was kind enough to tell me that someone, by mistake marked it at $29.99 and the other big mistake was that sign on the rack. Meaning that that item was not $29.99 to begin with, she offered to adjust the price but I was already upset and thanked her for the offer and left. I think that customer service is first, I am not irrational, I know we are human and make a lot of mistakes and of course understood that it was a big mistake, and I could have fought it and get the item at the price that the store had it marked, which I did not. Training people to work with customers is difficult and more difficult is to do a job that is not appreciated and not enjoyable is worse yet..

Thank you.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Bad customer service

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Educate workers to manage this kind of situation. Marked priced by mistake or not, should be the price that the customer pays.
Product or service
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #951344

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ann Taylor Loft? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 121 Ann Taylor Loft reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 09 #1238533 Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

It sounds like YOU were the one who was rude ... Telling the manager how to do her job after voluntarily handing the blouse back, and then STILL having an axe to grind after someone else offered to do a price adjustment and sell you the blouse at whatever price you thought it should be. Did you even want the blouse in the first place? Or were you just going out intending to stir up drama that day??

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.